Stay at the Best of Galena IL Log Cabin Rentals
General Augustus Chetlain’s Home!
Nestled a mere 2 miles from Main St. are five rustic, original 1800’s one-room & loft log cabins updated with luxurious amenities (see list at right). Situated on the Galena IL boyhood estate of Civil War General Augustus Chetlain, this quiet, pastoral country setting is the ideal antidote for the stress of city living.
Log Cabin Guest House Rates:
- Rawlins is $169/midweek & $189/weekends, per night, double occupancy. (NO TUB)
- Parker is $199/midweek & $225/weekends, per night, double occupancy.
- Grant & Smith are $225/midweek & $250/weekends, per night, double occupancy.
- Chetlain is $300/nightly year ’round, up to 4 people, per night, quad occupancy.
- Coach is $199/midweek & $225/weekends, per night, up to 3 people.
- Two-Night Minimum on Weekends year round. Call for single night reservations as prices and availability vary.
- Each additional adult is $25/night. One time pet fee is $25.00 +tax for one pet/ $40.00 +tax for more than one pet.
- Policies are listed on our Reservations page. Office open 9am-8pm daily.
Children, Pets, Smoking outdoors and Grilling Allowed!
- Continental Breakfast In Cabin Upon Arrival
- Double Whirlpool Tub in some cabins
- Woodburning Fireplace (fully stocked with wood & fire starters. Duraflame logs available at WalMart nearby. )
- High Thread Count Sheets
- Thick Cotton Towels
- Queen Size Bed
- Sofa or Sleeper Sofa
- Full Bath with Shower
- Central Air & Heat
- Flat screen TV/DVD w/DirecTV
- Microwave – Mini Fridge
- Coffeemaker w/Coffee
- Outdoor Grilling Acceptable
Eli Parker Cabin
This cabin has a whirlpool tub in the loft. This cabin sleeps two people comfortably. Check Availability or Reserve Online.
John Rawlins Cabin
This cabin is very similar to Parker, with the bath in the loft but NO TUB. This cabin sleeps two people comfortably. Check Availability or Reserve Online.
Augustus Chetlain Cabin
This is the first cabin to be moved to the property from Menominee, IL in the 60’s. This is a larger cabin which has a queen size bed and a double bed in the loft area next to the whirlpool as well as a queen bed and sofa on the main floor. This cabin sleeps up to six people. Check Availability or Reserve Online.
U.S. Grant Cabin
This cabin is handicapped accessible with a double whirlpool tub in a cozy nook adjacent to the bath. Enjoy a picnic on your private screened in side porch with a great view of pastoral Galena Illinois. Also has a double sleeper sofa. This cabin sleeps up to 4 people. Check Availability or Reserve Online.
John Smith Cabin
This cabin has the whirlpool located in the loft overlooking the woodburning fireplace below. The bath is up the spiral staircase also. Relax on your private three season porch, enjoying a magnificent sunset. This cabin sleeps two people. Check Availability or Reserve Online.
This one bedroom cottage (not log cabin) is the original Coachman’s House next to the Manor House, where Chetlain’s coach driver lived, storing the coach underneath. This has the same amenities as the log cabins with a few exceptions: a King bed, a twin sleeper loveseat and a GAS fireplace. Check Availability or Reserve Online.